Josh Graffiti

Monday, March 5, 2012

Final Value Project




a. Persistence to try and create new textures and ideas within the project has helped and shows in both the drawing and prints from the darkroom. In my drawing, an example of persistence and trying new ideas is the straps of the high heel. Both Mrs. Seal and Mr. O helped to create what it is now. At the start, I was having a hard time see the angle in which the straps and front of the high heel showed its values but through persisting and a lot of erasing, the straps began to look more and more like the actual shoe. In the dark room, my prints were not in focus for the first day or two resulting in not so good prints. I used the filter to help the clearness of the prints and also took longer to make sure the print was in focus. Also, I used different apertures to create new images and prints.
b. I felt that I was more comfortable with the drawing median. I was able to create, what I think, is a better image and convey the values more clearly. Working in the dark room was harder for me and I had trouble getting the prints to turn out the way I wanted. The drawing allowed for more "expression" in my case and I enjoyed the drawing much more because of the fact I was able to create values and shading easier.  To help the results in the dark room in the future I could take better pictures in the beginning, making it easier to create better prints. In the dark room, spending more time focusing on the focus of the picture would help create better prints quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment