Josh Graffiti

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Texture Reflection Questions Part 2

1. The collection of texture in my project were varied in the background while many objects in the foreground were formed out of wood and the same tools. In the background, different texture were used for each fourth of the base. Throughout the project, I used many different texture and materials to mach the textures in my rubbing.
2. I tried to base my project off of my original texture rubbings as much as I could. The textures and materials I used together fit and look good together in terms of color and textures on top of one another.
3. I have much more respect for the art-form of abstract because I found it much more difficult than I expected it to be. To have the different object go together in way that looks good, but still has an abstract feel is hard to do.
4. I pushed myself hard to find and make new textures for my collage that still reflected the orginal textures that were used. It was harder to find textures that really reflected the orginal ones but the power tools really helped when using wood to make different textures.
5. The comparison between my orginal and my collage are pretty close. I was able to make and position my new textures so they reflected the orginal well. I changed the positioning of some textures a little in the collage but not enough where you can't recognize them from the orginal
6. I feel that I had improved technically with power tools and the ability to create the textures and shapes I want. It really helped in the project to be able to work well with the power tools.
7. My final product has flaws that I wish I could have the time to fix. I feel that I could have made/found better textures to reflect the orginal than what I have now. I could have used more time to gather these pieces.
8. I was very through in reflecting upon my collage throughout the time we had. I took advice and used it to better my piece much better and made more adjustments myself as I went along my project.
9. I believe I was able to get across my concepts in my piece well. The texture clearly reflected the orginal and I though I did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment